At NTMA, we believe the whole is better than the sum of its parts. We do everything in our power to support the future of the manufacturing industry, and it all starts with supporting each and every one of our members.
When you pay your NTMA dues, you open the door to a whole world of benefits. We want to make sure you’re taking full advantage of all that NTMA has to offer, so we’re highlighting several of those benefits here in one comprehensive list. Don’t miss out on services or discounts that could help your modern machine shop achieve its full potential!
6 Benefits of NTMA Membership
1. Develop your workforce. Machine shops nationwide are tasked with finding talent among the newest generation of workers. To help with this challenge, we’ve developed programs that are designed to attract, inspire, and develop a skilled workforce. NTMA-U is one of the best examples of those programs.
NTMA-U is a fully online program designed for prospective or current employees. It provides instruction for a machinist apprenticeship as well as specific incumbent worker training. If you’re already an NTMA member, you can access this program at a discounted rate!
NTMA-U is one of several workforce development resources that you can enjoy with your membership. Check out these partners and programs that can help you foster your future workforce.
- Advanced Manufacturing Practice & Education Development (AMPED)
- National Robotics League
- The National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
- NTMA Apprentice Program
- NTMA Pre-Apprenticeship
2. Build your community. Running a small to medium-sized machine shop is an immense challenge. The obstacles you face are unique, and in the absence of a robust board or C-suite, it can be difficult to find the support you need. NTMA comprises over 1,000 shops like yours, and we’ve made it part of our mission to create a community where industry leaders can share knowledge, resources, and solutions.
All staff of NTMA member companies are encouraged to join our LinkedIn Group, where they can connect with other machinists and manufacturers. Additionally, we host events year-round that are designed to bring members together around shared concerns while connecting them to industry leaders who can answer their questions. Members also have access to the NTMA member directory and local chapters so they can connect with their colleagues.
3. Improve your business. The goal of everything we do at NTMA is to strengthen the manufacturing and machining industry. We work hard to offer our members resources that can teach them how to run a machine shop more effectively to increase their bottom line.
4. Access to discounts. Most members don’t realize that when they take advantage of our network of discounts, their NTMA membership pays for itself! You can view the full list of our affinity partners on our website, but here’s an overview of the average savings per year our members can access:
- Tools and supplies. Save an average of $1,267 on shop tools and supplies through our program with W. W. Grainger Inc. When you save on supplies, you increase your bottom line. Don’t leave money on the table by ignoring these discounts!
- Shipping. PartnerShip is the endorsed shipping management provider for all NTMA members. Our members save an average of $3,182 when they take advantage of this program. Shipping management can be a headache for modern machine shops, but this resource makes it much easier.
- Utilities. If you live in a state with a deregulated energy market, you can save an average of $3,000 through our partnership with APPI Energy Buyers Program. Cutting your overhead costs is always a good idea, and this program can help you achieve that goal.
- Office supplies. Through our partnership with Staples, our members have reported saving an average of $987 per year. Don’t let office supplies be a drain on your budget! Shop smarter with your membership.
- Benchmarking reports. Industry research can help you plan for your future. Our benchmarking reports have helped our members make wise decisions resulting in average cost savings of $1,750.
We offer many other discounts in addition to those listed here. Check our website to see the full list!
5. Insure your team. NTMA members have access to special insurance rates through a collaboration with the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM), Mercer, and United Healthcare. With NAM Health Care, employees and their families can receive health benefits comparable to those at Fortune 500 companies.
6. Get your voice heard. Federal advocacy is an important part of the NTMA mission. That’s because we know firsthand the impact that legislation signed in Washington can have on manufacturers all over the country. Your dues pay for our efforts, through One Voice, to represent the interests and needs of our members on Capitol Hill. While we are fighting for you no matter what, if you want to get involved you can do so here.
NTMA’s number one priority is supporting manufacturers so our industry can continue to prosper. We source and provide access to quality affinity partners and programs because we want to help you succeed.
When you take advantage of the full range of benefits your NTMA membership offers, you’ll pay for your membership multiple times over. So, what are you waiting for? If you aren’t a member already, join NTMA today!