NTMA has been closely monitoring news and information about the COVID-19, or coronavirus, outbreak.
At NTMA, we know that our people are our strongest asset. The health and safety of our members and our larger NTMA community has always been and will always be our top priority.
As a result, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 Emerging Leaders Conference, originally scheduled for April 27 – 29 in Kansas City, MO.
We do not yet have a new date for the event, but we are looking forward to bringing you the high-quality, leadership-focused content we have planned for this year’s conference. Please watch your email for more information.
For those that have already registered for the event, we will refund your registration fees. If you have already booked your hotel room, it should still be fully refundable at this point.
We will continue to follow official Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and the advice of local state and city governments regarding other planned events. As the situation is rapidly evolving, there may be more cancellations in the coming days and weeks.
In the meantime, please take care of yourselves, your families, your colleagues, and your communities by following everyday preventive actions as recommended by the CDC to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze. It is better to sneeze into your inner elbow or into a tissue, to avoid getting germs on your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. As always, we are standing together in commitment to attracting, preparing and inspiriting America’s precision manufacturing workforce.
We will provide additional updates as they become available.
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of us at NTMA with any questions – you can contact our Events Manager directly at – email@example.com or 216-695-0415.