- This event has passed.
Robots Born to See: Integrated Machine Vision used to Guide Robots in Manufacturing
June 23, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Vision guided robots have many advantages including reduced integration cost and improved flexibility. Vision allows the robot to see the workpiece and make decisions based on what it sees. In this webinar, Josh Person with FANUC, will go over some of the highlights of using machine vision with robots in an automated workcell. Josh will review some of these questions:
- What are some advantages of machine vision in an automated workcell?
- What is the difference between 2D and 3D vision applications?
- When should the applicator use a camera mounted to the robot end of arm tooling and when should the camera be fixed in place off the robot?
- What is the difference between integrated robotic vision and smart cameras?
- What is the difference between guiding the robot to the part, part inspection, or error proofing?