Precision custom manufacturers are finding their footing in a new era for our industry. As jobs and supply chains reshore to the US, modern machine shop owners face new challenges, from labor shortages to rising costs and beyond.
Here at the National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA), we believe there’s strength in numbers. But “numbers” are meaningless without you, the individual founder, owner, manager, or leader.
Whether you own a low-volume machine shop, manage a multi-generational company, or oversee high-dollar production runs, NTMA is the one machine shop organization that can support you through every change and challenge.
Are You on This List? Join NTMA
Wondering if you should join NTMA? If you’re on this list, the answer is a resounding YES!
- You’re an owner, founder, president or vice president, general manager, C-suite leader, or another key decision-maker in the custom precision manufacturing industry.
- You live and work in the US, where NTMA maintains more than 30 chapters and countless at-large members.
- Learning how to run a machine shop amidst the industry’s post-pandemic challenges overwhelms you, and you need outside support.
- You work in a modern machine shop, and you’re looking for a broader manufacturing community.
- You wear so many hats that you’re not even sure what your official job is supposed to be—isn’t there a way to lighten the load?
- Education opportunities are scarce in your region, and you’d like to enhance your team’s skills and knowledge through NTMA-U’s online resources.
- Your business has grown in unexpected ways, and you have no idea how to organize a machine shop.
- You’re tired of feeling alone, and you’re looking for connection and support.
- Starting a machine shop has been more challenging than you expected. You want to learn from other owners who have mastered an array of leadership skills, from customer acquisition to talent strategy to supply chain management.
- You’ve always believed that people are better, stronger, and more successful together, and you know that’s true in business, too.
Join the Machine Shop Organization That Puts People First
If you work in manufacturing, NTMA has resources for you. From tiny yet innovative shops to midsize businesses with a burgeoning workforce, everyone has a place in NTMA.
Your NTMA membership puts you shoulder-to-shoulder with established and emerging leaders, providing countless opportunities to learn from others and share your own insights with novice community members.
Members also enjoy the advantages of consolidated spending with NTMA’s manufacturing partners, with small shops reporting cost reductions of 10-20%.
We design our continuously expanding advocacy efforts, training, events, and discounts to help you navigate the present and prepare for the future.