AMPED’s One-Minute Challenge
In one minute, can you describe:
- Why are you working in manufacturing?
- What attracted you selecting a career as a precision machinist, engineer, welder, quality control or industrial maintenance technician?
- Why did you decide to be an accountant at a manufacturing company or the office manager?
- How has working in manufacturing changed your life?
- What is your company doing in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic or even what you are going to recycle chips and fluids?
- What was your pathway to this career?
- Did you earn while you learn?
The best way to promote careers in manufacturing is by being personal. Generation Z is not looking at careers based on the paycheck; they want to make a difference, and they want to be a part of a team. Your story, about why you are working at an NTMA member company, can be so important to a generation that utilizes meaningful social network communication more and more.
So, take out your phone, open up the video app, and position your camera to face the one person that will inspire manufacturing’s next generation. We are just asking for one-minute of your time to make a difference (and then one more minute to complete the form below).